Wednesday 16 January 2013

Responsive/ Douwe Egberts/ Editing photographs

I decided to pick the two of the best images from the bunch which expressed affection. I decided to convert the images to grey scale as i wanted a subtle and an ordinary look in the photos as well as a limited colour palette consisting of red black and white. Given that the Douwe Egberts logo is red i wanted that to be a main centre piece within the photo. 

Here are the chosen images i changed to grayscale:

1.


2. 


Editing development:

This is the original Douwe Egberts which i downloaded from the project pack.

I used the main logo to photoshop to a coffee cup, this is to draw attention to the centre of the image as the main focus in the photograph is coffee.


I decided to slightly lower the opacity and add hight light strokes to the logo to make it look like light reflecting, as though it was a real Douwe Egberts cup. 




Here is the original image i used to create love heart steam from. Initially was going to photography it myself but found it just as easy to edit an existing image. 


I created the love heart by using the clone stamp tool then flipping the copy to form the shape of a heart.


I decided to apply the tagline 'for the love of coffee' to the advertisements as the concept for the brief is to share and spread the love of coffee. 




No comments:

Post a Comment