Thursday 21 February 2013

Secret 7: Laura Marling - Beast

Themes that were in the song Beast were: Love/ HateYou/ IGoddess/ BeastMirror/ Mirror.

To touch upon these themes I thought a a useful piece of work I had once produced for a portrait project could be used to bring out the main components of the song. The image below resembles mirrored identities, a subject of life and death and a case of human or not?  


To make a start on the work I made circular images for repetition. 



I flipped the portraits so that the faces were reflected, much like a mirror.


I scratched away the the appearance of what could resemble a beast like figure.



The purpose of this is to show the beast being revealed from a dark and sinister figure as it is portrayed in the lyrics. ''and here comes the beast"

I tested layered colours over the design to experiment with dark or subtle shades.


Over all I liked the sepia tone as it showed an aspect of the Laura Marling story site and it wasn't too ominous. 


Final design:



No comments:

Post a Comment