Monday 20 May 2013

What is good - Nets designs and promotional mock ups

I produced the nets for the perfume packaging from a net of an existing product I had deconstructed along with the written content. To develop scent for each of the perfumes I gathered my favourite perfumes and wrote down the scents that the fragrance reminded me of to develop a scent palette for each of the 1960 perfumes. I wanted the packaging to be colour co-ordinated and have subtle sixties influences in the designs such as the circular shapes used throughout and the icons women portrayed on the designs. 

Perfume packaging

1960 - London 




1960 - Paris



1960 - Milan 




1960 - New York



Sample packaging

The samples are designs which were relevant as they are what a customer would spray a perfume on before purchasing a chosen scent. I wanted to keep them quite simple yet still have a consistent style throughout. 





Magazine advert/ Poster 

Design development:

I started off with a simple illustrative design.




To combining imagery from from two of the fragrances , London and Paris. I think the colours on the poster complement each other and the composition of imagery works well. 



Final design:

I opted for a surreal looking composition, the poster promotes a new collection of fragrances called 1960, showing a variety of names, London, paris, Milan and New York. All of which can be seen on the website given and can be accessed through the qr code. 




Website



No comments:

Post a Comment