Friday 20 April 2012

WHAT/ IS/ A/ LINE? band member designs

Following on from my poster designs, i have decided to incorporate the band members more into my design. Because i want to create designs to be printed onto t-shirts as well as line-up posters i think its best i show some imagery of the band members.
Over time my idea for what is a line has changed from creating designs for t-shirts that could be stitched into by following a dot to dot pattern. From research i felt his wasn't the best idea for the pattern to be physically stitched, perhaps using stitching to influence my designs would be a better idea. I proceeded to investigate and find more imagery that would be useful to me for what is a line, i found cool photography work which made me think about patterns and shapes and what i could do with them, and how to involve them into my design.
Crystal castles are well know for their video game inspired synths in their tracks, and i thought about the typeface i designed (some pac man inspired) pairing the two i imagine i could come up with some cool designs for a clothing line and lineup posters.

Here is some designs i have been working on:










I thought this design in particular could work well as stickers or small badges often used within merchandise.


Here is an illustration i done on illustrator from an image of Ethan Kath and Alice Glass, i wanted to experiment a little with gif imagery, and i think this looks quite effective on a grey background simply by layering red, blue and white of the drawing.



No comments:

Post a Comment