Monday 30 April 2012

It's your choice

I have decided to choose Message and delivery part 1- message and interpretation as the brief i would like to re-visit. I think because the designs were my first ever illustrator designs i think it would be interesting to see what strategy i would take on it and how i would do it differently as my design skills in illustrator i feel have massively progressed and also that i have learned a lot of other design methods since earlier in the year. 


BRIEF
Produce designs for a set of three high impact posters that deliver a personal identified message derived from your given proverb. 
proverb (from Latin: proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of humanity
 The three posters should work as a set or series and be visually consistent. The first must be produced solely using type, the second solely with image and the third a combination of both type and image.
You are restricted to the use of two colours plus stock.

BACKGROUND AND CONSIDERATIONS
Memorable, immediate high impact and clear.
Challenging, potentially controversial but appropriate and not offensive.
Factual, statistical, informed and specific.
You should use the (visual) language appropriate to one of the chosen papers. You can be bold, subtle, humorous, serious, and satirical.



DELIVERABLES

Three Posters ( 2:1 format) presented at A3 scale (but not A3 format).
Each poster should be supported by comprehensive visual research into frame format, composition and content.
A photographic image of one of the posters in context. 


My original 3 posters 







Here are a few slides i found from the presentation we were given for the original brief i think these will help me rationalise exactly what i want to do:



Message: 'Better late than never' i think keeping the proverb is the best option, after looking back at my original brainstorm of ideas i realised there is a lot more i could of done with the brief if i wasn't restricted by format and colour schemes.

Meaning: I'm unsure exactly what my proverb will me and how it will be addressed but i think keeping things simple and not to serious is the best option, i don't want to over complicate or change too much about the brief. I think my meaning should literally be what the proverb says.

Audience: I feel that my audience should be those who need to use the proverb appropriately for example someone who has forgotten to send a birthday card, would enclose an apology in the card for its lateness or send a 'belated birthday card', i think in my case my proverb would work ideally in this situation. 

Context: I intend to research more about the proverb meaning, birthday cards and how they can be designed as well as appropriate layout for content. 

Deliverables: I think it would be best if i slightly change the deliverables to benefit the new products; instead of having -Three Posters ( 2:1 format) presented at A3 scale (but not A3 format). I have decided i would like to design three birthday cards (unsure of the size just yet perhaps all different) which look part of a series 'better late than never cards'. I also suppose the proverb would be suitable for other occasions such as anniversaries, christenings, wedding card, but i think keeping it to one occasion would keep the designs more simple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment