Wednesday 8 February 2012

Evaluation OUGD405

End of module evaluation 


1.What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have developed a faster learning with illustrator and photoshop after spending the past few weeks designing on the software’s, which I am happy with, as I wanted to get better. I also have learned research in a more appropriate and logical way compared to the last module I wasn’t sure what was relevant to look for and sometimes got lost with in the research and then lacked in design work.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have approach this project with an informed mind, I did a body of research which I was happy with and learned a lot from to help me design 10 products I enjoyed doing. With out the research the design process would have taken a lot longer, so I will take into account from now on that both are essential but design doesn’t com from nowhere.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I believe I have developed a stronger understanding of the illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign which I need to constantly practice on to get to the level is want to be, I enjoy working on them so long as I know what I’m doing, starting a design from starch is pretty difficult on them so its necessary for me to do a great deal of design sheets to get more visuals, which I need to do more of.
I think I have built a better graphic design vocabulary, I can talk about my work more confidently, I understand what other peoples work is about.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My time management skills have never been up to starch, and this is something I have to work on as it has an impact on my overall body of work, I want to create a lot more work in future to show my full potential.
One thing I found difficult was grasping the size and scale of my products as I was designing them; they involved accurate measuring and precision. Hopefully as I continue to design this will no longer be a problem.
Another issue that arose was my lack of photoshop skills, I definitely need to practice a lot more with the software to be able to create designs that I am fully satisfied with.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

I intend to improve my work management effectively, I want to design work I am happy with as well as work that fully delivers to briefs, to do this I will organise my time a lot more in order to produce satisfactory work.
I propose to work harder at software programme and my drawing skills in order to be pleased with my designs.
I aim to blog daily so that work doesn’t catch up with me and effect other work.



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation


x


Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group



x

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment