Thursday 2 February 2012

10 graphic products


Evaluation, focus develop – key questions in the process of the project development

Evaluation

What is the problem? The problem I am solving is how to create your own photography techniques.

What subject/area of study are you focussing on? My area of study is based around photography, different types of cameras, how they work and why they work.

To what depth are you investigating this area? Is it sufficient? I believe I have researched enough information to help me carry out producing my 10 products, I have approached my research by categorising what relevant parts I need to look into for each products before and as I go along the process.

What visual material do you have to work with? I have an array of design sheets, mock designs, a good body of visual imagery from my research as well as useful imagery to help me digitally produce the products.

Is there an appropriate amount of work for the time you have had to develop? I believe I could of produced and experimented a lot more with my designs, so I don’t think I have as much as what I should have but I am satisfied with the work I have produced so fare.

If there isn’t why is this? How could you improve your work rate? I think the reason I have lacked in work is because I didn’t make decisions on time, perhaps if I make a decision, go with it, if it doesn’t work improve/change it, then this will support my design process as well as time management.

What is your time scale/ when is the deadline?  I have produced a successful amount of work so far, however a lot of time has been taking up printing, as I have a lot to print, test and make sure the nets work as a functioning camera. The final crit is on Monday 6th February and the hand in deadline is Wednesday 8th February.

What is achievable in the time available? I think I could manage to design all 10 products, the only thing that is worrying/ time consuming is printing.

What methods you using to evaluate the progress of your ideas? Going back to my initial plan and seeing if I have stuck to it, or changed my route depending on what’s necessary.

Focus

What are you identifying as areas worth developing further? I am enjoying design the different style nets for the pinhole cameras, they’re are based on the 60’s era, an art periods which I am interested in, I think these are worth developing to their potential as they are the main product.

What are you trying to communicate? The message I am trying to deliver is one about Photography, how an image can be capture- through the power of light, and for the audience to use this techniques themselves y using the pinhole camera they are producing their own photography.

What audience have you identified? I believe the products I am creating would be suitable in a shop called urban Outfitters.

Who are they? They’re stylish, arty and are an age group of 16-21.

What problems have you identified? The main problem I found difficult was in fact following the existing instructions manual for how to create the pinhole camera – Corbis Readymech version, they weren’t very informative.

How did you solve this problem? I simply followed the existing ones, and what every found difficult I wrote down and added into the instructions so that there is a full step by step instructions sheet of how to build the camera exactly.

What further research does this require? I think the best thing to do is look at the further information on the website for the Readymech cameras, and see what other peoples comments were about the process of building their cameras, so that the problems I occurred aren’t just one sided.

Development

Have you moved on from your initial starting point, If so how far and why? Yes, initially I was going to create a paper based filters for an slr camera, thankfully I didn’t go with the idea as it’s very limiting, and I developed the idea of creating products much more inventive and interesting.

What methods are you using to document this development? I have continued to do design sheets to show the process and change of my work.

What process will you need to use to develop your work? Analyse my own work and aske for other opinion on whether its delivering the correct message/ works as an over all product as well as 10 individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment