Tuesday 22 May 2012

Theory into practice : Publication

As my publication has an audience of young female designers,  i thought seemed appropriate to have a feline and subtle colour palette, here is the pastel colour i chose for throughout the pages of my publication.


From this i added my illustrated initials onto each page along with the letter and the name of the model who's face is being represented within the letter. 
Amongst the typeface the above four are my favourite, i think they are the most legible and capture the effect of fashion with in type. 

I chose to use the title ' The a-z of female fonts' as it's simple and straight to the point about what the publication consists of. 
I wrote an introduction for  the publication as i think it will be more appealing and interesting for the viewer to engage with what the purpose of the publication is and why its useful. 


For each initial i downloaded 3 fonts giving a total of 78 fonts, each of the fonts being very individual whether it be in the style of script, bold or italic.


The above images shows the full layout of my publication, which will be printed on A1 white gloss. An appropriate stock as its smooth and will be easy to flick through the publication with it being a font swatch  book. 

Photographs of final publication:






Over all i'm really happy with the result of my publication i think the printing quality has benefited my designs as well. Unfortunately i wasnt able to assemble the swatch book together with a metal ring as i could find one, i will do this as a later date however to show it as a functioning product. 



No comments:

Post a Comment